Bulbaceous, perennial, herb, to 0.4 m high. Fl. white-pink, Feb to Apr. Grey sand, loam.
- IBRA Regions
- Jarrah Forest, Swan Coastal Plain, Warren.
- IBRA Subregions
- Dandaragan Plateau, Perth, Southern Jarrah Forest, Warren.
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Augusta Margaret River, Bridgetown-Greenbushes, Capel, Cranbrook, Donnybrook-Balingup, Gingin, Harvey, Mandurah, Nannup, Perth, Plantagenet, Rockingham, Waroona.
Management Notes (for the Swan NRM Region)
Alternative Names. Easter Lilly, Naked Ladies.
General Biology. Growth form. Geophyte. Life form. Perennial bulb. Reproduction. Offsets, seed. Dispersal. Birds, water, soil. Time to first flowering. 5 years. Seedbank persistence. Short, days-1 year. Fire response. Generally survives fire.
Notes. Naturalised in Chile including the Juan Fenandez Islands.
Additional information. Origin. South Africa. History of use/introduction. Garden escape.
Suggested method of management and control. Spot spray glyphosate 1% + Pulse®. Apply after flowering just as new leaves emerge. Read the manufacturers' labels and material safety data sheets before using herbicides. For further information consult the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority to determine the status of permits for your situation or state.
Legend: Y = Yes, regularly, O = Occasionally, U = Uncertain, referred by others but not confirmed.
- Arroyo, M.T.K., Maryicorena, C. Matthei, O. & Cavieres, L.A. (2000) Plant invasions in Chile: present patterns and future predictions. In: Mooney HA & RJ Hobbs (eds) Invasive species in a changing world. : 385-421 Island Press, Washington District of Columbia, USA.
- Brown, K. & Brooks, K. (2002) Bushland Weeds: A Practical Guide to their Management. Environmental Weeds Action Network, Greenwood.
- Cueves, G.J., Marticorena, A. & Lohengrin, A. C. (2004) New additions to the introduced flora of the Juan Fernandez Islands: origin, distribution, life history traits and potential of invasion. Revista Chilena de Historia Natura, 77: 523-538.
- Dafni, A., Cohen, D. & Noy-Meir, I. (1981) Life-cycle variation in geophytes. Annals of the Missouri Botanic Gardens, 68: 652-660.
- Du Plessis, N. & Duncan G. (1989) Bulbous plants of Southern Africa. Tafelberg Publishers Ltd, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Hussey, B.M.J., Keighery, G.J., Dodd, J., Lloyd, S.G. & Cousens, R.D. (2007) Western Weeds. A guide to the weeds of Western Australia. 2nd Edition. The Plant Protection Society of Western Australia, Victoria Park.