Erect, lignotuberous shrub, 0.3-1.5(-2) m high. Fl. red/orange-red/orange, May to Dec. White or grey sand, gravel, loam. Consolidated sand dunes, swamps, winter-wet depressions, hillsides.
Shrubs, 0.60-2 m high. Leaves alternate, 10-20 mm long, 7-13 mm wide, hairy or glabrous; lamina flat, widest around the middle or clearly widest above the middle, entire, with glands at the leaf (or leaf lobe) apex. Inflorescences red; innermost bracts 5-6 mm long; peduncles 2-4.5 mm long. Perianth 26-29 mm long, hairy; ovary hairy; pistil 43-49 mm long, pollen presenter distinctly flattened, style hairy. Flowers in May, June, July, August, September, October, November or December. Occurs in the South-west (SW) Botanical Province(s), in the Swan Coastal Plain (SWA), Avon Wheatbelt (AW), Jarrah Forest (JF), Warren (WAR) or Esperance Plains (ESP) IBRA subregion(s).
- IBRA Regions
- Avon Wheatbelt, Esperance Plains, Jarrah Forest, Swan Coastal Plain, Warren.
- IBRA Subregions
- Fitzgerald, Katanning, Northern Jarrah Forest, Perth, Southern Jarrah Forest, Warren.
- IMCRA Regions
- Leeuwin-Naturaliste, WA South Coast.
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Albany, Armadale, Augusta Margaret River, Bayswater, Beverley, Boyup Brook, Bridgetown-Greenbushes, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Chittering, Cockburn, Collie, Dardanup, Denmark, Donnybrook-Balingup, Gnowangerup, Gosnells, Harvey, Kwinana, Manjimup, Murray, Nannup, Narrogin, Plantagenet, Serpentine-Jarrahdale, Swan, Wandering, Wanneroo, Waroona, West Arthur.