Erect tree or shrub, to 12 m high, with epicormic buds. Fl. red/orange/yellow/cream, Jan to Dec. White or grey sand, black sandy loam, limestone, granite, quartz. Consolidated dunes or low-lying flats.
Trees, 3-8 m high; branchlets glabrous or hairy. Leaves petiolate, alternate, 40-80 mm long, 30-45 mm wide, hairy; petiole 0 mm long; lamina flat, clearly widest above the middle, once divided, pinnately divided, entire or shallowly divided, teeth distinctly pointing towards the apex or teeth pointing outwards, with 3-10 lobes on each side, the margins flat. Inflorescences tomentose (with matted or tangled, soft, woolly hairs), yellow or red; innermost bracts 5-6 mm long, hairy. Perianth 27-36 mm long, hairy, all over, limb apex pubescent (with soft, straight, erect hairs), without awns; pistil 28-40 mm long, straight, style hairy. Follicles hairy, tomentose (with matted or tangled, soft, woolly hairs), elliptic, 14-20 mm long. Flowers in January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November or December. Occurs in the South-west (SW) Botanical Province(s), in the Swan Coastal Plain (SWA), Jarrah Forest (JF), Warren (WAR) or Esperance Plains (ESP) IBRA subregion(s).
- IBRA Regions
- Esperance Plains, Jarrah Forest, Swan Coastal Plain, Warren.
- IBRA Subregions
- Dandaragan Plateau, Fitzgerald, Northern Jarrah Forest, Perth, Southern Jarrah Forest, Warren.
- IMCRA Regions
- Leeuwin-Naturaliste, WA South Coast.
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Albany, Augusta Margaret River, Bayswater, Bunbury, Busselton, Capel, Cockburn, Collie, Dandaragan, Denmark, Gingin, Harvey, Kalamunda, Kwinana, Mandurah, Manjimup, Melville, Mundaring, Murray, Nannup, Perth, Plantagenet, Serpentine-Jarrahdale, South Perth, Swan, Wanneroo, Waroona.