Spreading tree, 5-30 m high, leaves dark green, bipinnate; heads 33-50-flowered, in racemes; pods almost straight, 9-15 mm wide. Fl. cream-yellow, Jan to May. Lateritic loam. Jarrah woodland.
- IBRA Regions
- Jarrah Forest, Warren.
- IBRA Subregions
- Northern Jarrah Forest, Southern Jarrah Forest, Warren.
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Armadale, Collie, Manjimup.
Management Notes (for the Swan NRM Region)
General Biology. Growth form. Tree. Reproduction. Seed. Dispersal. Water, ants, birds, wind, garden refuse, soil movement. Vegetative regeneration strategy. Occasionally resprouts. Does not produce root suckers. Seedbank persistence. Long, 5+ years. Fire response. Mass germination of soil stored seed. Occasionally resprouts from base following fire.
Additional information. Origin. Eastern Australia. History of use/introduction. Garden escape, windbreak plantings.
Suggested method of management and control. Hand pull seedlings. Fell mature plants. Resprouting has been recorded in some areas. Apply 250 ml Access® in 15 L of diesel to basal 50 cm of trunk (basal bark) or cut and paint with 50% glyphosate or; drill and fill. Older plants can be ringbarked. Read the manufacturers' labels and material safety data sheets before using herbicides. For further information consult the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority to determine the status of permits for your situation or state.
Legend: Y = Yes, regularly, O = Occasionally, U = Uncertain, referred by others but not confirmed.
- Brown, K. & Brooks, K. (2002) Bushland Weeds: A Practical Guide to their Management. Environmental Weeds Action Network, Greenwood.
- Campbell, P.L. (2000) Wattle control. PPRI handbook, No.3, ARC-Plant Protection Research Institute, South Africa.
- Hussey, B.M.J., Keighery, G.J., Dodd, J., Lloyd, S.G. & Cousens, R.D. (2007) Western Weeds. A guide to the weeds of Western Australia. 2nd Edition. The Plant Protection Society of Western Australia, Victoria Park.
- Maslin, B.R. (2001) Wattle: acacias of Australia. Australian Biological Resources Study, Canberra. Department of Conservation and Land Management, Perth.
- Muyt, A. (2001) Bush invaders of South-East Australia: A guide to the identification and control of environmental weeds found in South-East Australia. R.G. & F.J. Richardson, Melbourne.
- Navie, S. & Adkins, S. (2008) Environmental Weeds of Australia, An interactive identification and information resource for over 1000 invasive plants. Centre for Biological Information Technology, The University of Queensland.
- Paczkowska, G. & Chapman, A.R. (2000) The Western Australian flora: A descriptive catalogue. Western Australian Wildflower Society (Inc.), Western Australian Herbarium and Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority, Perth.