Prostrate or twining shrub. Fl. red, Apr to Nov. Usually sandy gravelly soils.
Twining or climbing plants, shrub, spindly shrub (broom-like). Stems terete, not spiny, glabrous; pustules or glands absent. Leaves or phylloclades clearly present, compound, alternate, not continuous with stem, 35-105 mm long, glabrous, flat with flat margins; margins entire; tubercles absent, pinnately arranged, terminal leaflet present, stalked; pustules or glands absent. Stipules present and persistent to older leaves. Pedicel present, 10-13 mm long, hairy. Bracteoles absent. Calyx 9-10.5 mm long, not accrescent, hairy, with simple hairs, ribless; pustules or glands absent. Corolla 13-25 mm long, uniformly coloured, red; claws present; standard 13.5-23 mm long, glabrous, auriculate, wings 12-18 mm long, not auriculate, keel 12-22 mm long, not beaked, not auriculate, glabrous. Stamens ten; anthers 0.4-0.6 mm long, at two different levels (filaments alternately long and short); filaments united in an open sheath with one free stamen, 10-21 mm long. Ovary sessile or subsessile, hairy or glandular; style 18-27 mm long, hairy or glandular towards the base, not bearded, terete. Fruit dehiscent (a pod or follicle), 40-55 mm long, 6-8.5 mm wide, sessile or subsessile, not constricted between the seeds, flat or compressed, hairy, with simple hairs, not beaked. Flowers in April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November. Occurs in the Eremaean and South-West Botanical Province, in the Yalgoo, Coolgardie, Geraldton Sandplains, Avon Wheatbelt, Jarrah Forest, Mallee, Warren, Esperance and Swan Coastal Plain IBRA regions.
- IBRA Regions
- Avon Wheatbelt, Coolgardie, Esperance Plains, Geraldton Sandplains, Jarrah Forest, Mallee, Swan Coastal Plain, Warren, Yalgoo.
- IBRA Subregions
- Dandaragan Plateau, Eastern Mallee, Edel, Fitzgerald, Geraldton Hills, Katanning, Lesueur Sandplain, Merredin, Northern Jarrah Forest, Perth, Recherche, Southern Cross, Southern Jarrah Forest, Warren, Western Mallee.
- IMCRA Regions
- Central West Coast, Leeuwin-Naturaliste, Shark Bay, WA South Coast.
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Albany, Armadale, Augusta Margaret River, Bayswater, Belmont, Beverley, Boddington, Boyup Brook, Bridgetown-Greenbushes, Broomehill-Tambellup, Bruce Rock, Bunbury, Busselton, Cambridge, Canning, Capel, Chittering, Cockburn, Collie, Coorow, Cranbrook, Cuballing, Dandaragan, Dardanup, Donnybrook-Balingup, Esperance, Fremantle, Gingin, Gnowangerup, Goomalling, Gosnells, Greater Geraldton, Harvey, Irwin, Jerramungup, Joondalup, Kalamunda, Kojonup, Kulin, Kwinana, Lake Grace, Mandurah, Manjimup, Melville, Merredin, Mingenew, Moora, Mundaring, Murray, Narembeen, Narrogin, Nedlands, Northam, Northampton, Perth, Plantagenet, Ravensthorpe, Rockingham, Serpentine-Jarrahdale, Shark Bay, South Perth, Stirling, Swan, Tammin, Toodyay, Victoria Park, Victoria Plains, Wandering, Wanneroo, Waroona, West Arthur, Westonia, Williams, Wongan-Ballidu, Woodanilling, Yilgarn, York.