Much-branched shrub, 0.3-4 m high. Fl. red/white-yellow, Apr to Nov. White sand, red clay, brown and white gravel, limestone. Plateaus, coastal cliffs, hillsides, road verges.
Erect, shrub, spindly shrub (broom-like). Stems flattened or winged, not spiny, glabrous; pustules or glands absent. Leaves or phylloclades clearly present, simple, alternate, not continuous with stem, 15-40 mm long, 8-18 mm wide, glabrous, flat with flat margins; margins entire; tubercles absent; pustules or glands absent. Stipules present and persistent to older leaves. Pedicel present, 14-16 mm long, glabrous. Bracteoles present and persistent, 2.3-3 mm long, hairy, not striate. Calyx 8-9 mm long, not accrescent, hairy, with simple hairs, ribless; pustules or glands absent. Corolla 26-40 mm long, uniformly coloured, yellow or red; claws present; standard 26-38 mm long, glabrous, not auriculate, wings 25-40 mm long, auriculate, keel 25-40 mm long, not beaked, auriculate, glabrous. Stamens ten; anthers 1.5-1.8 mm long, at two different levels (filaments alternately long and short); filaments united in an open sheath, 22-40 mm long. Ovary stipitate or sessile or subsessile, glabrous; style 26-44 mm long, glabrous, not bearded, terete. Fruit dehiscent (a pod or follicle), 30-65 mm long, 10-12 mm wide, stipitate, not constricted between the seeds, flat or compressed, glabrous, beaked. Flowers in April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November. Occurs in the Eremaean and South-West Botanical Province, in the Yalgoo, Coolgardie, Nullarbor, Hampton, Geraldton Sandplains, Jarrah Forest, Mallee, Warren, Esperance and Swan Coastal Plain IBRA regions.
- IBRA Regions
- Coolgardie, Esperance Plains, Geraldton Sandplains, Hampton, Jarrah Forest, Mallee, Nullarbor, Swan Coastal Plain, Warren, Yalgoo.
- IBRA Subregions
- Dandaragan Plateau, Eastern Mallee, Edel, Fitzgerald, Geraldton Hills, Hampton, Lesueur Sandplain, Mardabilla, Nullarbor Plain, Perth, Recherche, Southern Jarrah Forest, Warren.
- IMCRA Regions
- Central West Coast, Leeuwin-Naturaliste, Shark Bay, WA South Coast.
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Albany, Augusta Margaret River, Busselton, Cambridge, Claremont, Cockburn, Coorow, Cottesloe, Cranbrook, Dandaragan, Denmark, Dundas, Esperance, Fremantle, Gingin, Gnowangerup, Greater Geraldton, Harvey, Irwin, Jerramungup, Kwinana, Mandurah, Manjimup, Northampton, Perth, Plantagenet, Ravensthorpe, Rockingham, Shark Bay, South Perth, Wanneroo, Waroona.