Prostrate to procumbent perennial, herb or shrub, 0.05-0.5 m high. Fl. yellow, Mar to Oct. Basaltic soils, clay, limestone, sandy & loamy soils. Crabhole plains, floodplains.
Herb or shrub, with hairy stems. Leaves 10-35 mm long, 5-10 mm wide, not lobed; margins serrate; hairy, with stellate hairswith scales absent, Sessile glands absent; stipules present and persistent to older leaves or present but early deciduous (only visible on youngest leaves). Perianth clearly of two whorls (calyx and corolla), the corolla obvious and prominent. Pedicel present, 10-20 mm long; indumentum present, with stellate hairs present, with scales absent. Epicalyx (extra segments or 'bracteoles' immediately below the calyx) absent. Calyx green, 2.2-4 mm long, the lobes fused half or more of their length, Sessile glands absent, simple hairs (without tubercle bases) absent, stellate hairs present, tubercle-based simple hairs absent, gland-tipped hairs absent, scales absent, Terminal appendages absent, number of ribs absent. Corolla yellow, 3.5-6 mm long, hairs or scales present, simple hairs (without tubercle bases) present, stellate hairs present, tubercle-based simple hairs absent, gland-tipped hairs absent, scales absent. Indumentum (outside) Sessile glands absent. Stamens many, united and arising from a staminal tube around the style; filaments present, 0.4-0.7 mm long; anthers 0.3-0.5 mm long, indumentum absent (anthers glabrous). Staminodes absent, appendages absent. Ovary hairs and scales absent (ovary quite glabrous); style 1, 7-11 mm long, with four or numerous style branches or lobes, mostly glabrous, wing absent. Fruits indehiscent and splitting into sections (schizocarps), length-width ratio more or less as long as wide, mericarps wrinkled, hairs or scales present, simple hairs (without tubercle bases) absent, stellate hairs present, Sessile glands absent, tubercle-based simple hairs absent, gland-tipped hairs absent, scales absent; apex distinctly flat-topped; prickles absent (except perhaps a terminal awn); terminal awns or spines present; calyx persistent to mature fruit, 4-7 mm long, accrescent; carpels 7-8; seeds per loculus 1. Flowering time March, April, May, June, July, August, September or October. Distribution Botanical Province Northern, Eremaean or South-West, IBRA Bioregion Great Sandy Desert, Tanami, Pilbara, Carnarvon, Gascoyne, Little Sandy Desert, Gibson Desert, Central Ranges, Yalgoo, Murchison, Great Victorian Desert, Coolgardie, Nullarbor, Victoria Bonaparte, Central Kimberley, Dampierland, Ord-Victorian-Plain and Avon Wheatbelt.
- IBRA Regions
- Avon Wheatbelt, Carnarvon, Central Kimberley, Central Ranges, Coolgardie, Dampierland, Gascoyne, Gibson Desert, Great Sandy Desert, Great Victoria Desert, Little Sandy Desert, Murchison, Nullarbor, Ord Victoria Plain, Pilbara, Tanami, Victoria Bonaparte, Yalgoo.
- IBRA Subregions
- Ashburton, Augustus, Cape Range, Carlisle, Carnegie, Central, Chichester, Eastern Goldfield, Eastern Murchison, Edel, Fitzroy Trough, Fortescue, Hamersley, Hart, Keep, Lateritic Plain, Mann-Musgrave Block, McLarty, Merredin, Pentecost, Pindanland, Purnululu, Roebourne, Rudall, South Kimberley Interzone, Tallering, Tanami Desert, Trainor, Wooramel.
- IMCRA Regions
- Pilbara (nearshore), Pilbara (offshore).
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Ashburton, Broome, Carnarvon, Coolgardie, Derby-West Kimberley, East Pilbara, Exmouth, Halls Creek, Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Karratha, Laverton, Meekatharra, Menzies, Mingenew, Ngaanyatjarraku, Port Hedland, Sandstone, Wiluna, Wyndham-East Kimberley, Yalgoo.