Spreading shrub, 0.4-1.5(-2) m high. Fl. blue-purple/pink, Jul to Oct. Sandy, rocky clay. Coastal limestone, sandplains, granite rocks.
Shrub, with hairy stems. Leaves 18-60 mm long, 1.5-6 mm wide, not lobed; margins entire; hairy, with stellate hairswith scales absent, Sessile glands absent; stipules present and persistent to older leaves, 10-20 mm long. Perianth of two whorls but the corolla reduced to small scales or tiny lobes at the base of the ovary. Pedicel present, 5-8 mm long; indumentum present, with absent, with stellate hairs present, with gland tipped hairs absent, with scales absent. Epicalyx (extra segments or 'bracteoles' immediately below the calyx) present, 3-4 mm long, the lobes free, indumentum present, simple hairs (without tubercle bases) absent, stellate hairs present, gland-tipped hairs absentwith scales absent, Sessile glands absent. Calyx pink, blue or purple, 6-10 mm long, the lobes fused less than half their length, Sessile glands absent, simple hairs (without tubercle bases) absent, stellate hairs present, tubercle-based simple hairs absent, gland-tipped hairs absent, scales absent, Terminal appendages absent, number of ribs present, three. Corolla 0.8-1.3 mm long, glabrous. Indumentum (outside) Sessile glands absent. Stamens five, free and inserted at the base of the ovary; filaments present, 1.3-2 mm long; anthers 2.8-3 mm long, indumentum absent (anthers glabrous). Staminodes absent, appendages absent. Ovary hairs or scales present, simple hairs absent, stellate hairs present, gland-tipped hairs absent; style 1, with a lobed or capitate stigma, 2.5-2.8 mm long, with one style branches or lobes, hairy for most of length, wing absent. Flowering time July, August, September or October. Distribution Botanical Province Eremaean or South-West, IBRA Bioregion Yalgoo, Geraldton Sandplains, Swan Coastal Plain, Avon Wheatbelt, Jarrah Forest, Mallee and Esperance.
- IBRA Regions
- Avon Wheatbelt, Esperance Plains, Geraldton Sandplains, Hampton, Jarrah Forest, Mallee, Swan Coastal Plain, Yalgoo.
- IBRA Subregions
- Eastern Mallee, Edel, Fitzgerald, Geraldton Hills, Hampton, Lesueur Sandplain, Merredin, Perth, Recherche, Southern Jarrah Forest, Western Mallee.
- IMCRA Regions
- Central West Coast, Eucla, Leeuwin-Naturaliste, WA South Coast.
- Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- Albany, Busselton, Carnamah, Cockburn, Coorow, Dalwallinu, Dandaragan, Dundas, Esperance, Gingin, Greater Geraldton, Harvey, Irwin, Jerramungup, Joondalup, Kent, Kulin, Lake Grace, Moora, Northampton, Perenjori, Ravensthorpe, Rockingham, Shark Bay, Three Springs, Wanneroo.