This taxon name is not current. The available references for this name are below.
Boehmeria glomerulifera Miq. has been misapplied against the non-current name Fatoua pilosa Gaudich..
Reason See J.W. Green in Census of the Vascular Plants of Western Australia Edn. 2, Suppl. 5:6 (1987)
What do the terms mean?
- Backward Reference
- References that link from new to old (e.g. back to the previous name), or from child to parent (e.g. back up the taxonomic hierarchy).
- The name is accepted for use in the Western Australian Flora.
- Excluded name
- A name has been referred to in literature but is not present in Western Australia. This is a special case of a misapplied name. One reference will be present for each exclusion.
- Formally Described
- A name previously referred to informally with a manuscript or phrase name has subsequently been formally described.
- Forward Reference
- References that link from old to new (e.g. forward to the new name), or from parent to child (e.g. down the taxonomic hierarchy).
- Misapplied name
- A name has been used in literature that refers to one or more different taxa. One reference will be present for each taxon this name is misapplied against.
- Nomenclatural synonym
- A taxon has changed its relationship to other taxa but the circumscription is the same. This is the case in a generic revision, where only the generic epithet (and perhaps the suffix used on the specific epithet) changed. One reference will be present for each taxon this name is nomenclaturally synonymous with.
- Not Current (or Non-current)
- The name is not an accepted name for use in the Western Australian Flora
- Taxonomic synonym
- A name is recognised to be referring to the same taxon as an earlier published name. One reference will be present for each taxon this name is taxonomically synonymous with.
See also: A longer explanation of these and other terms in our Plant Names Primer.
A taxon name that is no longer current will retain its ‘Threatened’, ‘Extinct’, or ‘Extinct in the Wild’ status until a new name has been published in a Biodiversity Conservation Order.